The Monroe Youth Hockey Association is pleased to offer the Shop With Scrip fundraising program. Shop With Scrip allows MYHA families to earn rebates which can be credited towards association fees as well as raise funds for MYHA. There are several families in the association that have been playing hockey for free or at GREATLY reduced fees since MYHA began using Scrip!
Scrip gift cards are the same gift cards you would normally buy at a store. Many popular retailers participate in the scrip program including Kohl’s, Amazon, Wal-Mart, iTunes, Pick 'n Save, Kwik Trip, and many others. You can see them all at www.shopwithscrip.com.
One feature, called ScripNow, allows you to purchase and then print out you gift card almost immediately. Many cards are electronically reloadable. These 2 features can be used anytime, not just when the monthly association order is submitted. There is even a smartphone app that you can use to purchase and redeem ScripNow while in a store or restaurant.
If you're not familiar with how a scrip program works, it's simple. MYHA families buy the gift cards for scrip participating retailers at full face value and redeem them for full face value. Each gift card you buy will have a percentage assigned to it, which you will know before purchasing. Most are in the 1.5-5 percent range, but many are higher.
Of that percentage, your family will retain 90% of it as a scrip rebate credit within the association for your family's hockey fees/fundraising requirements. MYHA will retain the other 10% for program administration and fundraising.
For example, JC Penney's cards offer a 5% rebate on their cards. If you buy a $100 gift card, at a cost to you of $100, you can use the card at any JC Penney's and spend the full $100. The great part is, you just took $4.50 off of your registration fees and earned MYHA $.50.
If you're still wondering what the catch is... The catch, if you consider it one, is that families need to spend money on gift cards ahead of time. Instead of paying cash or putting purchases on a credit card and paying for it later, pay for it in advance with scrip, and then do your normal shopping for groceries, gas, clothing, electronics, etc. with gift cards.
Ready to sign up? It only takes a couple minutes to get started.
CREATE A SCRIP ACCOUNT
Your account is now created. Now you need to create a PrestoPay account. (Use of PrestoPay is required to order through MYHA.)
CREATE A PRESTO PAY ACCOUNT
Two small deposits will be made into your account within the next 2 to 3 business days. Once deposited, make note of the deposit amounts.
You can place your orders any time online, but MYHA only submits an order once a month. The second to last Friday at noon is when the monthly orders are usually submitted. A reminder email will usually be sent out.
If you have any questions, please contact MYHA Scrip Coordinator Tina Folgate at firstname.lastname@example.org
This agreement needs to be filled out and returned to Tina Folgate to begin your Scrip account. Please drop this in the box at the rink or send to: